Biology of Disease Vectors Literature Review Assignment 1. To become familiar with searching for articles in peer-reviewed journals using electronic databases.
2. Be able to effectively combine various peer-reviewed journal articles into a research paper that is an
informative synthesis of current research on a given topic (like a Literature Review).
3. Gain more in-depth knowledge on a given topic in disease vectors.
4. Present your research in an informative and easily understandable way to fellow college students in biology.
GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS of the research paper (100 points)
1. The use of at least 6 peer-reviewed original research papers. Some articles are not considered original research
but are still reported in peer-reviewed journals. These include: opinion letters, literature reviews (similar to what
you will write, but on a grander scale). You may use these for background information, I actually encourage you
to do so if you find some (they’re great for giving you direction/background), but they will not count towards the
6 original research papers. Biology of Disease Vectors Literature Review Assignment
2. Follow the “Guidelines” for the Term Paper below to help you in guiding your format of the paper so that your
paper becomes an organized synthesis of research, capable of being understood by your reader.
3. Keep in mind the goals of this assignment while organizing.
a. Schedule one more meeting with me to go over some of the papers you have chosen
b. Prior to the meeting, come with several examples of research articles you have found using the
databases. Bring articles about your general topic that you think are interesting and we can go from
c. I will help you to solidify your thesis as well as find additional articles that will be helpful.
4. USE THE RUBRIC! – See where I am assigning points – if you do not do what is on the rubric I cannot give you
points. Biology of Disease Vectors Literature Review Assignment