1. Symptoms of the disorder (you don’t have to put exact DSM criteria, but just a brief
overview of the common symptoms)
2. Causes of the disorder
3. Prevalence rates (at least mention prevalence rates in the U.S population, although you can mention some other countries for comparison purposes, if this info is available).
4. At least two treatment methods that are used to treat the disorder
Examples of sources include textbooks and articles from online databases such as PsycInfo, PsycArticles, and Google Scholar. Students may use an educational video as one source (such as a YouTube video with commentary by a psychologist, psychiatrist, professor, etc, or learner.org “Discovering Psychology” program), but must also use two written sources if a video is used.
Below is the website for Purdue University’s Online Writing Lab for complete information on APA style. You can speak to your instructor if you need clarification on anything from that site.
Grades will be calculated according to the following criteria:
1. Paper follows APA format. -20%
2. Correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation are used. (Don’t forget to use spell check!)- 15%
3. Topic is clearly explained, and includes all required information listed above. – 30%
4. At least 3 scholarly sources are used. -10%
5. Page requirement is met. Paper includes title page, abstract page, and reference page.-10%
6. Paper is structured and well organized. – 15%
*All of these requirements must be met in order to receive full credit. Percentage points will be deducted accordingly for individual mistakes (eg., citations not used correctly, spelling mistakes, paper too short).