Classroom Management Plan
1. Your philosophy of classroom management (philosophical perspective): Address your professional ethics in terms of classroom management and dealing with student academic and behavioral issues. You can write a paragraph which answers the following questions: • What does the concept of classroom management mean to you? • Why do you think this concept is important in classroom management? • What is the relationship between classroom management and the educational environment and its impact on student learning? • How can you integrate the concepts, principles, and theories you have learned in classroom management in dealing with students behaviorally and academically?
2. Classroom Arrangement: • Draw two diagrams for classroom arrangement. o Whole-class instruction o Group/cooperative activities Include the following items in each diagram: • Student desks (24 students) • Teacher’s desk • Chalkboard • Overhead projector • Screen for overhead projector • Storage • Bookcase • Learning Resources Table • advertisements board • Wastebasket • TV/VCR • Pencil sharpener • Computer & printer • Windows • Door to the hallwa. Classroom Management Plan
3. Operating Classroom Routines/ Procedures: Explain the classroom regulations and procedures in the following situations: • The beginning of a lesson: o What do you do at the beginning of a lesson? o How do students collect the materials and devices they need in the classroom? o What happens if you notice a misbehavior? • Classroom activities: o What to do before asking students to do any work. o Student need to use the sharpener. o Students need to leave their seats while working. o Providing students with assistance while doing their work. o Students coming to class without their books or materials. o Students not doing their homework. o What to do after students finish their work o How students leave the class o Teacher’s voice level o Teachers’ procedures for taking notes • Small groups activities: o How do you form students’ groups? o How does each student in the group know his work? o How do students get help from their teacher? • Other types of activities: o Having guests in the classroom. o Making new class announcements. Classroom Management Plan
4. Classroom rules: List five rules to post in your room and explain how you will present them to your learners. (Use a table to provide one example, at least, to illustrate each rule).
5. Behavior Management Procedures: Present three problematic behaviors and identify an intervention procedure (supported by an article for each behavior). You should have a total of three articles (one for each situation) and provide a summary of each article as you plan how you would implement a particular procedure in your classroom. The articles must be less than eight years old (published during or after 2010). You are also required to address “appropriate and professional ethical behavior” as a teacher.
6. Discuss how you would communicate your management procedures with learners from different cultural and academic backgrounds. Reference one article (published after 2010).
7. Reference list using the APA style
Classroom Management Plan