Critical Thinking Questions Assignment 1. Describe the shifts in the world economy over the past 30 years. What are the implications of
these shifts for international businesses based in Great Britain? North America? Hong Kong?
2. “The study of international business is fine if you are going to work in a large multinational
enterprise, but it has no relevance for individuals who are going to work in small firms.” Evaluate
3. How have changes in technology contributed to the globalization of markets and production?
Would the globalization of production and markets have been possible without these
technological changes? Critical Thinking Questions Assignment
4. “Ultimately, the study of international business is no different from the study of domestic
business. Thus, there is no point in having a separate course on international business.” Evaluate
5. How does the Internet affect international business activity and the globalization of the world
6. If current trends continue, China may be the world’s largest economy by 2030. Discuss the
possible implications of such a development for
a. the world trading system
b. the world monetary system Critical Thinking Questions Assignment
c. the business strategy of today’s European and U.S.-based global corporations
d. global commodity prices
7. Reread the Management Focus on Boeing and answer the following questions:
a. What are the benefits to Boeing of outsourcing manufacturing of components of the
Boeing 787 to firms based in other countries?
b. What are the potential costs and risks to Boeing of outsourcing?
c. In addition to foreign subcontractors and Boeing, who else benefits from Boeing’s
decision to outsource component part manufacturing assembly to other nations? Who
are the potential losers?
d. If Boeing’s management decided to keep all production in America, what do you think
the effect would be on the company, its employees, and the communities that depend
e. On balance, do you think that the kind of outsourcing undertaken by Boeing is a good
thing or a bad thing for the American economy? Explain your reasoning.
8. Free market economies stimulate greater economic growth, whereas state-directed economies
stifle growth. Discuss. Critical Thinking Questions Assignment