For this part of the Consulting Project, you are required to critique Mazda by providing the following information (750-1,000 words). Address the following:
1. Why is Mazda behind its competitors? Provide evidence, both financial and behavioral. Evidence may include consumer attitude toward the brand, customer loyalty (repeat purchases and/or referrals), and negative word-of-mouth.
2. Develop and issue a survey questionnaire to provide support for your critique. Respondents should be from the target market for the specific brand under study. (See Chapter 16 in the textbook for guidance in preparing an attitude scale survey instrument).
3. In view of Mazda’s marketing strategy, what consumer behavior issues do you propose are influencing the brand’s performance? How do reference groups, social class, culture and subcultures, and, if applicable, cross-cultural (international) influences affect the brand’s marketing strategy?
4. Provide examples of specific tactics used that are evidence of the flawed strategy.
5. Identify at least three changes/actions that would correct the shortcomings/deficiencies identified. Discuss each in light of information available.