Medieval Art Famous Example Analytical Paper
This assignment is an analytical paper on a famous example of medieval art. Students will select one example of medieval art from their text or the resources in this module. There are several examples to choose from in both. For example, the Bayeux Tapestry is often a popular choice. Once you have your choice, research the topic further using your text and the internet.
This paper must be claim-based, a minimum of 750 words, and in essay form using several paragraphs.
Students should incorporate recent MLA guidelines for format and citation.
– The paper requires a minimum of two scholarly sources (see below for more details).
– Essays should demonstrate a synthesis of argument/claim and source materials. Medieval Art Famous Example Analytical Paper
– A maximum of two quotes are allowed. Otherwise, use paraphrases to incorporate source material into your paper. Do not use long block quotes. Quotes should be one or two sentences only.
-This paper should not exceed 850 words.
Your analysis needs to look at the example of architecture like an archeologist would, analyzing what it means and how it reflects the culture it comes from.
The paper must include the following sections:
1. A detailed description of the art and what it entails. Describe it in detail. Why is it famous?
2. A well-argued analysis of what the work tell us about the culture from which it arose using details from it and known information about the culture. Consider what the significance of the work was for the people who first saw/heard/read it.
3. Finally, discuss how why you selected this particular example of medieval art and and why it appeals to you.
You must include at least two outside scholarly research sources in this paper. One of these research sources can be your text if information is relevant to your topic.
Do not use general dictionaries, Wikipedia/Wikis of any kind, or study sources designed for students or teachers in grades K-12.
Scholarly Sources: For your analysis, you must use scholarly sources from legitimate academic journals. A journal is a magazine for scholars. They produce articles on a number of topics. Medieval Art Famous Example Analytical Paper