MIS 325 Exam Help Be able to discuss the topics and concepts, and implement code similar to that which was
covered in modules 7 & 8. All content from the ADO.NET glossary is required. Use these terms
in your answers to improve the specificity of your learning and responses.
1. Discuss SQL SELECT statements and how they change when you add a parameter. Write the
code to run a parameterized SQL statement and then load a datatable and display the data in a
gridview. Why are these parameterized SQL SELECT statements useful?
2. What is a parameter? How do they work? What is their purpose? What object do they belong
3. What are some common scenarios that a business web page application could benefit from
displaying filtered lists of summary data. MIS 325 Exam Help
4. Discuss the .fillschema command. What object runs it? What procedure uses this? What does it
do? Why is it useful? What coding does the .fillschema replace?
5. Discuss the commandbuilder object. What does it do? Why is it useful? What does using the
6. Why use Try/Catch blocks?
7. Using ADO.NET terminology, discuss the way that data is taken from a webpage and saved back
to a SQL Server database. Write this code.
8. When creating SQL database tables, what are some attributes that must be decided upon and
set? Why are foreign keys useful?
9. Discuss UPDATE SET commands and how they work. Be able to write one. Why is the WHERE
statement so important in the UPDATE SET context?
10. Discuss the “insert/update/display” methodology of writing business applications.
11. Compare and contrast the different module 8 ways to fetch and display display data for
updating. MIS 325 Exam Help