Quality Control Manual Essay You will complete a Quality Training Manual. You will select an organization and apply your research to the development of the Quality Training Manual that is meant for the logistics and supply chain management departments.
The project deliverables are as follows:
• Quality Control Manual
o Use Word
o Title page
Course number and name
o Table of Contents (TOC)
This should be on a separate page.
This should be a maximum of 3 levels deep.
If you are using an autogenerated TOC, be sure to update the fields of the TOC before submitting your project.
o Section Headings
o With each section, you should include a minimum of 3 new cited references. As such, the references should be varied and different with each section addition. You can reuse references but repeat references do not count toward the minimum 3 new cited references.
I. Introduction (250–300 words)
• The first part of the manual will be the Introduction.
o Provide a history of the quality management evolution and why it is needed.
o List and discuss 2–3 of the specific directions that companies are adopting in terms of strategic quality management.
o Clearly identify the organization that your quality control manual is intended for.
o Explain the evolution of and the pros and cons of such programs as Deming and Six Sigma.
. Quality Control Manual Essay
II. The Role of Leadership (300–400 words)
• Research and summarize senior management’s role in successful quality improvement programs. Be sure to use real, researched examples to demonstrate your points. The Baldrige Award site list of recipients could be a good resource for examples.
• In general, identify senior management’s specific role in these large-scale strategic quality programs? Cheerleader? Role model? Decision maker? Resource provider? What else?
• Why must firms adopt the identified roles? What is the risk of not using the roles?
• Indicate how senior and middle management should derive the metrics to use to monitor and communicate performance?
III. General Quality Strategies and Tools (400–500 words)
• Create a comparative table that shows the various definitions, risks, and value of each of the following quality management tactics:
o Establishing customer expectations
o Designing quality
o Defining metrics
o Six Sigma
Quality Control Manual Essay
IV. Quality Tactics and the Logistics and Supply Chain Functions (300–400 words)
• Identify what tools are applicable internally and why
• Identify and explain what tools are applicable externally with vendors
V. Roll-Out (250–300 words)
o Describe the process of rolling out this new company-wide quality initiative. Pay specific attention to the logistics and supply chain management functions. Include the following:
A communication plan
Recommended sequence of steps to get personnel trained
Stakeholders on board (e.g., the vendor base, trucking companies, warehouse personnel)
Need help with a similar assignment?