WELF 4004 Rural Social Work Ethics and Human Rights
Lecturer: Fiona Buchanan
Reading: Chapter 3
International Federation of Social Workers http://ifsw.org/?utm_source=News+signup&utm_campaign=8584259cc7-IFSW_News_Welcome3_10_2012&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1659bc18d-8584259cc7-81565133
AASW Code of Ethics
Please see ACWA Code of Ethics below
Need Help with a Similar Assignment? Get a custom Paper.
WELF 4004 Rural Social Work Tutorial Questions
- Summarise in your own words what each of the AASW and ACWA Codes of Ethics have to say about members’ responsibility when faced with colleagues’ unethical behaviour? Which specific clause and sub section of each Code applies?
- You are responsible for induction of 2 new staff members to your multi-disciplinary work team. One is a BSS (Human Service) and the other is a BSW graduate. What will you tell them regarding codes of ethics which might govern their behaviour? Are these legally binding?
- Should a human service worker have a sexual relationship with a client? If not, why not? If so, when might this be proper?
Week 3: Understanding legal concepts, principles, courts and tribunals
lecturer: Kerry Maxfield
Textbook Chapter 6
WELF 4004 Rural Social Work Tutorial Questions:
- Imagine that you have been arrested and are being held in the cells at the City Watchhouse. You call the human service worker managing your case and you contact a lawyer. You want to be released on bail. How might the actions of and answers you are given by both workers differ?
- You are a project manager for a funding agency. You have recently awarded funding to Agency AAA which supports elderly professionals. You have received a complaint from Agency XYZ which operates on a shoestring and services homeless disabled people. XYZ submitted their application for funding 2 days late. They say this was due to an urgent client crisis. As a result XYZ did not receive further funding and will now have to close. How do you respond to their complaint?
WELF 4004 Rural Social Work